The Children's Ministry at Southland Baptist Church seeks to provide a loving and accepting environment for all children to grow in their relationship with Jesus. It's import to us that children feel like they have a place to belong and be known. By making children feel important, we hope to lay a foundation of spiritual truths that can be applied to their everyday lives.
- To introduce children to the knowledge of the saving grace of Jesus Christ.
- To develop meaningful relationships with kids and their families.
- To provide God-centered curriculum and teaching in all programs including weekly opportunities to socialize and study the Word of God, as well as other events throughout the year for the purpose of teaching, training, and developing relationships with the Lord and others.
- To build upon each child's faith foundation
To help kids know...
- that God made them.
- that God loves them.
- that Jesus wants to be their Savior.
- basic Bible history.
- how to use the Bible.
- how all of the Bible fits together to tell ONE story.
9:00 am or 11:15 am – Worship
10:10 am – Sunday School
Children, Kindergarten through 4th grade, will gather together in the MPB at 10:10 am for Kid's Sunday School. We will sanitize the room before and after meetings. Kids will be assigned seats around tables as they enter the room to help us minimize contact. We will also have individual supplies for each child.
On Sunday, we use Grow Kids curriculum from Stuff You Can Use. Grow's lessons are anchored to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and focus on giving kids a full and holistic view of God with a “Big Idea” to learn every week. Their goal is to help your kids grow spiritually, by teaching and discussing Scripture in developmentally appropriate ways. Our preschool and children’s curriculum is aligned so that we can help parents have more spiritual conversations together in their home.
5:30 pm – Children's Choir
A weekly gathering for our kids to enjoy music and drama. K-6th grade will meet in the sanctuary.