Southland is currently seeking a CDC Director.
Candidates must meet all job requirements.
Deadline to apply is September 15.
- Meet minimum requirements of "Director" according to State Licensing and Minimum Standards
- Hold at least an Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Remain current in First Aid and CPR for infants and children
- Minimum of 2 years of experience supervising childcare staff
- Report to the Preschool Minister
- Maintain familiarity with State Licensing and Minimum Standards as well as with Policies & Procedures of Southland CDC.
- Keep program current and in compliance with State Licensing and Minimum Standards.
- Develop, plan, and implement, with staff, a preschool program for children ages 6 months to 5 years that is developmentally appropriate and helps children develop physically, cognitively, emotionally, socially, and spiritually.
- Supervise, guide, and train staff for their ongoing professional development.
- Hire new personnel as needed.
- Ensure that all staff have read and are familiar with Minimum Standards as well as the program policies for SBCDC.
- Maintain staff personnel files.
- Maintain children's files (ensuring that all physical examination forms and health/immunization records are current).
- Maintain staff ratio, assigning staff as needed in the case of absences.
- Arranging for substitute care as needed.
- Organize staff in-service training or other extracurricular activities throughout the year.
- Handle all aspects of student enrollment including tours with prospective parents; enrollment forms as required by State Licensing, Minimum Standards, and SBCDC Policy & Procedures.
- Publish monthly newsletter for families.
- Plan and carry out monthly general staff meetings
- Meet with each staff member at least quarterly to review professional development goals, concerns, etc.
- Write up and deliver annual staff evaluations. Meet with each staff member to review evaluation.
- Visit classrooms regularly.
- Build relationships with families (at drop off/pick-up times, via phone calls, email, etc.)
- Meet with Preschool Minister and/or Child Development Center Committee regularly to review program goals and needs.
- Document tuition payments and expenses; submitting all monies and receipts to Financial Secretary.
- Send out reminders/late notices regarding tuition payments.
- Plan and carry out marketing strategies (i.e. Facebook page, website, mailings, etc.) throughout the year.
- Attend minimum of 30 hours of professional development workshops each school year.
- Work hours are 8:00 am - 2:30 pm Monday through Thursday.